Wing Inspector General
The mission of the office of the Wing Inspector General
The purpose of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) Inspector General (IG) System is, in part, to create an independent and objective system that:
- Resolves problems affecting the Civil Air Patrol mission promptly and objectively.
- Creates an atmosphere of trust in which issues can be objectively and fully resolved without retaliation or the fear of reprisal.
- Ensures the existence of responsive complaint and inspection programs characterized by objectivity, integrity, and impartiality.
- Ensures the concerns of Civil Air Patrol members and the best interests of the Civil Air Patrol are addressed through objective fact-finding.
- Educates the Civil Air Patrol members and commanders regarding the privileges of and protection for those contacting an inspector general.
- Ensures inspectors general, inspector general staff members, and investigating officers are trained to conduct thorough, unbiased investigations and inspections based on fair and objective fact-finding.
Specific, detailed guidance on the CAP IG program may be found in CAPR 20-1 (15 Jan 18).
Information on complaints and investigations may be found in CAPR 20-2 (15 Feb 18) & ICL 18-03 (6 Mar 18). Information on inspections may be found in CAPR 20-3 (effective 26 April 2017)