Wing Social Media Manager
South Carolina Wing Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager will assist in developing and carrying out South Carolina Wing's social media and digital engagement strategy. The primary focus is coordinating with SCWG Staff, SCWG units, and online engagement with CAP members and the public. Supports the development of all social media content through cross-functional collaboration to incorporate engaging, newsworthy, and real-time marketing elements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure social media platforms are managed in accordance with CAP regulations and policies.
- Coordinates content from SCWG staff for release through targeted social media channels.
- Ensures CAP brand consistency across all social media channels.
- Responsible for tracking, gathering, and interpreting results of social media campaigns and reporting those results to the SCWG Director of Public Affairs.
- Conducts research and stays current on social media marketing strategy and industry standards.
- Supports the development and execution of a social media content calendar.
- Produce content in the form of text, photos, video, and graphics for social media channels to include blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Instagram.
- Maintain an accurate listing of SCWG and other official CAP social media channels.
- Partner with internal and external resources to update and maintain a constantly evolving website presence to engage our CAP customers and stakeholders.
- Monitor and participate in online conversation to build brand interaction and visibility on social media pages.
- Develop and execute initiatives to drive member-generated content, increase community participation, and add value to the online community experience.
- Leverage measurement tools to provide progress reports and track trends, while continually finding ways to improve those metrics by testing new initiatives.
- Develop and administer social media content that is designed to engage users and create an interactive relationship between the organization and the public.
- Collect and review social media data to develop more effective campaigns.
- Develop goals and objectives for the wing social media platforms in coordination with the SCWG Director of Public Affairs.
- Identify and implement social media training for wing members.
- Mentor, train, and guide subordinate unit social media managers.
- Develop social media plans as part of the wing crisis communications plan.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Must be an active senior member in CAP.
- Show a willingness to work in a deadline-focused environment and interested in learning more about marketing and social media strategy.
- Creative individual who is not afraid to share ideas.
- Professional written communication skills with a firm understanding of English grammar and punctuation.
- Have demonstrated experience with social media channel(s) and platform(s) and/or digital media experience.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Must be a team player who is willing to receive input from the Command Team, the Director of Public Affairs, and those at higher echelons with messages to pass to the South Carolina Wing membership and South Carolina public.
- Should be responsive to emails, messages, and comments as established by the Director of Public Affairs due to social media messaging's fluid nature.
- Experience in Civil Air Patrol Public Affairs.
- A technician rating in the Public Affairs specialty track.
- Will be assigned as a Public Affairs Officer Assistant at the Wing level.
- Will work towards Public Affairs Technician, Senior, or Master Rating.
- Reports to South Carolina Wing Director of Public Affairs.
SELECTION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Upload a resume of relevant CAP and/or outside experience to email@example.com
- Selection will be made by the Chief of Staff based on a review of the most qualified applicants. An interview may be involved.
Due Date: until filled.