Wing Director of Pubic Affairs
South Carolina Wing Director of Pubic Affairs
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop Public Affairs strategies for communicating the message of Civil Air Patrol• Oversee and implement internal publicity to members
• Oversee and implement external publicity coordinating with Recruiting Officer
• Work cooperatively with the Social Media Manager, Videographer & Newsletter Editor to create quality and timely public affairs products.
• Develop a yearly Public Affairs Plan and help direct unit PAOs to implement a PA program that helps meet those goals. • Develop a yearly Crisis Public Affairs Plan
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Staff or the Region Commander
• Hold at least a Technician Rating in the Public Affairs Specialty Track
• Speak, write, and otherwise communicate with a firm grasp on proper grammar
• Strong knowledge of CAP’s Public Affairs Program procedures and processes
• Familiar with CAPP 152, CAPR 190-1, CAPP 201 PA Specialty Track guide,
STAFF VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
• Senior or Master rating in the Public Affairs Specialty Track
• Experience as a Public Affairs Officer at Squadron Level, Group or Wing level
• Computer Skills – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Social Media Experience
• Assignment to SCWG-001 is required.
SELECTION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
• Upload a letter of interest with a CAP and/or outside resume of relevant experience to: vacancies.scwgcap.org
• The Chief of Staff will make a selection after a review of applications and/or a telephone interview of the best-qualified candidates.
DUE DATE: until filled.