Wing Director of Education and Training
South Carolina Wing Director of Education and Training
Manages and administers the CAP education and training program and associated administrative procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that subordinate units operate per CAPR 40-1.
• Host monthly ET meetings (virtual or in-person) with SCWG units.
• Assist subordinate units in improving their ET programs.
• Encourage wing members to apply to be instructors for Volunteer University.
• Coordinate with the region and group echelons to offer in-person and virtual learning opportunities.
• Serve as a resource, train, and guide subordinate unit ET Officers.
• Keep wing officers advised of education opportunities and procedures.
• Maintain education and training records for assigned wing staff.
• Reach out to new unit commanders to update them on their responsibilities in the ET program.
• Familiar with CAPR 40-1, 35-5, 39-3, and CAPP 40-40.
• Knowledge of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Teams and/or Zoom.
• Familiar with eServices.
• Technician Rating or above in the Professional Development/Education and Training Track.
• Have had a previous assignment as Professional Development or Education and Training Officer at the unit or group level.
• CAP Driver’s License.
STAFF VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
• Will be assigned as the Director of Education and Training at SCWG.
• Will work towards ET Ratings thru Master Rating.
• Reports to South Carolina Wing Deputy Chief of Staff – Member Support – Karen.Taylor@scwgcap.org
SELECTION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
• Submit an email letter of intent with a resume of relevant CAP and or outside experience to SCWG Deputy Chief at vacancies.scwgcap.org
• Selection by Deputy Chief of Staff in conjunction with Chief of Staff based on the review of qualified applicants; interview required.
Due Date: 3 January 2022 or until filled.