Wing Director of Personnel
South Carolina Wing Director of Personnel
Manages and administers the CAP personnel program and associated administrative procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that subordinate units operate per CAP personnel regulations.
• Process appointments, assignments, transfers, retirements, or other
personnel actions of SCWG staff.
• Create and process wing organizational actions.
• Create and process wing personnel actions.
• Manage wing awards process, including reviewing and preparing wing awards to include annual Of-The-Year awards.
• Manage promotion requests.
• Manage and develop personnel content for the SCWG website.
• Mentor personnel officers in subordinate units as needed.
• Serve as a resource for subordinate personnel officers.
• Assist wing directors with personnel needs and procedures.
• Establish and or maintain staff personnel records.
• Familiar with the Constitution and ByLaws, CAPP 200, and CAP directives in the 30, 35, and 39 series.
• Knowledge of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Teams.
• Familiar with eServices.
• Have a Technician or higher rating in Personnel Specialty Track.
STAFF VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
• Senior or Master Rating in Personnel Specialty Track.
• Have held a previous assignment as Personnel Officer at the unit or group level.
• SCWG driver’s license.
• Assigned as the Personnel Officer at SCWG.
• This position may be a secondary assignment.
• Will work towards next level specialty track until master rated.
• Reports to South Carolina Wing Deputy Chief of Staff – Member Support Karen.Taylor@scwgcap.org.
SELECTION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
• Submit an email letter of intent with a resume of relevant CAP and or outside experience to SCWG Deputy Chief at vacancies.scwgcap.org
• Selection by Deputy Chief of Staff in conjunction with Chief of Staff based on the review of qualified applicants; interview required.
Due Date: 3 January 2022 or until filled.