Wing Director of Communication
South Carolina Wing Director of Communication
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and directs the wing’s communications activities.
- Develop and implement annual communications plan, programs, and directives in close coordination and in support of command, and all operations programs and activities.
- Establish requirements and track acquisition and disposition of communication equipment in coordination with logistics.
- Coordinate communications plans and programs with other staff agencies and with subordinate and higher headquarters.
- Develop detailed operating procedures for communications operations and guidance to subordinate units and personnel.
- Collect and report data to determine the effectiveness of communications operations.
- Coordinate licensing or frequency authorizations for all radio operations.
- Develop communications training programs.
- Develop and participate in communications exercises.
- Coordinate communications conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Monitor unit communications.
- Establish programs to maintain and operate unit radio equipment.
- Attend quarterly command council meetings
- Familiar CAPP 214; and CAP directives in the 60, 62, 66, 77, and 100 series; the NTIA manual of regulations and procedures for Federal Radio Frequency Management, applicable FEMA publications; applicable federal, state, and local MOUs requiring communications support with CAPR 40-1, 35-5, 39-3, and CAPP 40-40.
- Able to operate a computer (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Teams and/or Zoom).
- Familiar with eServices.
- Technician rating or above in the communications specialty track.
- Maintains mission qualifications (MRO/CUL Preferred) • Previous assignment as a communications officer
- CAP Driver’s License.
- Will be assigned as the Director Communications at SCWG.
- Will work towards next level communications specialty rating.
- Reports to South Carolina Wing Director of
Operations – Mark.Bailey@scwgcap.org
SELECTION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Upload at email@example.com a letter of intent and resume of relevant CAP and/or outside experience
- Selection will be made by the Director of Operations based on a review of the most qualified applicants. An interview may be involved.
Due Date: 20 August 2021 or until filled