Wing Director of Logistics
South Carolina Wing Director of Logistics
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide mentorship to direct reports and subordinate unit Logistics Officers.
- Reviews and evaluates higher-level headquarters’ directives and policies for SCWG implementation.
- Assist subordinate units in improving their Logistics programs.
- Serve as a resource for subordinate Logistics Officers.
- Ensure accountability for CAP property.
- Take responsibility for distribution and recovery of property.
- Document in ORMS efforts to reclaim CAP property from inactive wing members and ensure subordinate units reclaim CAP property from inactive unit members).
- Ensure that subordinate units operate in accordance with CAPR 174-1.
- Ensure timely completion of Annual Inventory, Command Change Inventory, and other reporting requirements.
- Work with/support Director of ES to train and qualify Logistics Section Chiefs for Mission Base Staff.
- Work with and support as necessary Mission Logistics Section Chiefs/Activity Logistics Officers/and unit Logistics Officers to ensure integration of the functions of Supply, Transportation, Maintenance, and field services.
- Support the Wing Commander to plan, develop, and implement long and short-term plans to effectively use vehicles, equipment, and supplies, and accomplish vital training and operational missions.
- As needed, develops action plans, internal policies, and procedures to assure timely, effective, and complete maintenance support for units, Wing, Mid-Atlantic Region, and CAP mission requirements.
- Ensures development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), as needed.
- Takes action to improve quality, handle special projects, correct unsatisfactory conditions, etc.
- Oversee the preparation and management of budgets and funds to support SCWG logistics requirements.
- Serves as a program manager and represents the SCWG at MidAtlantic Region Logistics meetings as needed.
- Coordinates logistics activities with Commanders and Logistics Officers of units and activities, higher echelons of logistics such as Mid-Atlantic Region and CAP NHQ. Work with counterparts at other wings, particularly those geographically close to SCWG.
- Consults with supported Commanders/activity directors in planning and executing wing training or contingency exercises involving individual or multiple units in support of unit readiness. Plans for exercise/activity support to include recovery of vehicles as need it.
- Monitor’s vehicle hardware failures and identify trends. Works with stakeholders to identify the need for equipment modernization, improvements, and/or replacements.
- Reviews unit status data, analysis reports, and other sources of information to determine the strength and weaknesses of units. Recommends to SCWG/CC, through SCWG/CS
- Required Qualifications:
- Technician Rating or ability to earn the technician rating within six months of appointment.
- Familiar with CAPR 174-1 and CAPP-206.
- Proficient in the use and capabilities of the Operational Resource Management System.
- Senior Rating or above in the Logistics Specialty Track.
- Previous assignment as Logistics Officer at the unit or group level. Assignment Requirements:
- Will be assigned as the Director of Logistics at SCWG.
- Will work towards Logistics Technician, Senior, or Master Rating.
- Will report to South Carolina Wing Deputy Chief of Staff – Member Support
- Will supervise Assistant Director(s) of Logistics, and the Supply and Transportation Officers.
SELECTION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Upload a letter of interest with a resume of relevant CAP and/or outside experience to vacancies.scwgcap.org
- SCWG Chief of Staff will make the decision based on a review of the most qualified applicants. An interview may be required.
Due Date: until filled.