Wing Director of Transportation
South Carolina Wing Director of Transportation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Encourage and monitor on-time completion on CAPF 73 for all units.
- Review member driving privileges for currency.
- Review vehicle preventative maintenance.
- Advise units of proper procedures when a vehicle is to be removed from inventory and destroyed.
- Serve as a resource to unit transportation officers.
- Train unit transportation officers/NCOs on CAP vehicle driver training as needed (train-the-trainer).
- Review fleet needs and advise wing commander on vehicle use in the wing as well as requests for new vehicles.
- Confirm that all COVs appearance, identification, and markings are in accordance with regulation.
- Reach out to new unit commanders and transportation officers to familiarize them with the requirements for maintaining and operating vehicles at their unit.
- Support the Wing Staff on developing and updating publications about the wing vehicle fleet’s operation and maintenance.
- Host monthly transportation meetings (virtual or in-person) with SCWG units.
- Familiar with CAPR 77-1 and 174-1, CI Worksheet D-8, and CAPP 206.
- Maintain a safe driving record and CAP Driver’s License.
- Comfortable using computers (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Teams and/or Zoom).
- Technician Rating or above in the Logistics Specialty Track.
- Previous assignment as Transportation Officer at the unit level.
- Will be assigned as the Transportation Officer at SCWG.
- Will work towards Logistics Technician, Senior, or Master Rating.
- Reports to South Carolina Wing Deputy Chief of Staff – Member Support
SELECTION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Upload an email letter of intent with a resume of relevant CAP and/or outside experience to vacancies.scwgcap.org
- Selection will be made by the Chief of Staff based on a review of the most qualified applicants. An interview may be involved.
Due Date: until filled.